GAMES AND APPLICATIONS
I am the sole developer of over 50 published projects since 2008. Further, as a freelance developer, I've created dozens of games for various clients. Many, many of my projects have gone unfinished and will sadly never see the light of day. I'll occasionally cover some of these abandonded games on my blog. Interested in working with me? Check out my resume.
AFTERBOX (2016 - current)
Afterbox is an upcoming end-of-life data preservation and inheritance service that securely houses user's meaningful, sensitive information which is too often lost over time and through passing. You can read more about the project and support it on the official website, http://afterbox.io.
Afterbox's development was followed in episode 9, Might as Well Go Big, of Apple Music's original series, Planet of the Apps.
WHITEOUT WATCH (2014)
Whiteout Watch (defunct) analyzed weather data using a hand-crafted algorithm and the Yahoo! Weather API to give the probability of snow days in given school districts. Enjoyed by tens of thousands of students on the east coast, the iOS application earned me the Student Technologist of the Year award from the Technology Alliance of Central New York.
I have hopes of rebuilding Whiteout Watch from the ground up some day as I've grown so much as a developer and data analyst since writing the initial project in 2014.
My mobile games are published under Snorkel Dork. The images below will take you to each game's website, if available, or their iTunes Store page, where you can read more about them and check out screenshots and read reviews.
These are simple, more relaxed games that you can play in modern browsers and on mobile devices. Don't expect anything too fancy as these are mostly afternoon projects created for the purpose of educational tutorials.
DOWNLOADABLE PC GAMES
Below are images, linking to a host (Game Jolt or the YoYo Games Sandbox), of all the games I've published over the years. Click a picture to read more about the game, view additional screenshots, read reviews, and download. These games are not in any particular order, but rather slightly mixed around chronologically to keep the entertainment levels diverse and themes mixed.
I just barely dipped my toes into Flash development and I doubt I'll get back into it as it's greatly dying out (and for good reasons). If I do any more web games, they'll most likely be written in HTML5.
Abandoned projects were in mid- or late-development when I decided to pull the plug on them (for a multitude of different reasons).
- It Takes a Hero II (2009, action platformer)
- Tuxedo Moon (2011, platformer)
- 9cloud (2011, platform puzzler)
- TimeStill III (2011, platform puzzler)
- Hypnotic Love Ballad (2011, cartoon adventure platformer)
- 10 Minute Indie (2012, simulator)
- Paper Nightmares (2012, shmup)
- Drop to the Top (2013, arcade)
- Splitra (2013 - 2015, mobile utility)
- Puzzz (2014 - 2015, mobile puzzle game)
- Roomie (2014 - 2015, mobile utility)
- Universtudy (2015, mobile utility/social network)
- Fire With a Riot 2 (2016 - 2017, arcade shooter)
A project being "lost" refers to it no longer being available publically online to the best of my knowledge. It also means that I no longer have the executables nor source files. If you happen to stumble across any of these games, please send them my way!
- Effects (2008, shmup)
- Plush (2008, puzzle game)
- Plush 2 (2008, puzzle game)
- Mechanics (2008, retro shmup)
- Trilogyz Beta (2008-2009, RPG)
- Swing! (2009, colorful shmup)
- Redd (2009, arena shooter)
- Whiteout Watch (defunct, 2014, Utility)